Sunday, 30 April 2017

NTAP blog tour : Review of Never Trust A Pirate by Valerie Bowman.

7th book in the Playful Brides series.

I was provided with an ARC and an opportunity to participate in this 7th installment of the Playful Brides. And I'm so thankful for this, because I loved the book!

Now, I just have to read all the Playful Brides books. This novel managed to kick me in the ass and ask why haven't I tried Valerie Bowman's books yet. I loved her writing style. One more great author in my kitty!

The Blurb:


The rules of engagement were never so scandalous. . .

A rumored pirate and the scurrilous black sheep of his well-to- do family, Cade Cavendish relishes his world of rebellion, deception, and seduction. Nothing and no one can hold him to be the duty-bound, honorable man he is expected to be. But when an unexpected run-in at his twin brother’s estate with a ravishing, raven-haired maid leads her to believe he’s actually a viscount, Cade’s renegade life is thrown wildly off-kilter. And even though a case of mistaken identity can be quickly set to rights, matters of the heart are quite different…

Miss Danielle LaCrosse is startled to learn that the handsome gentleman who radiates sin and has the devil in his eyes is not her employer the Viscount, but rather his infamous brother. A former heiress, orphaned and left penniless, Danielle has more than a few secrets of her own. Cade may be skilled at coaxing even the most hidden desires out of Danielle but can he earn her trust—and win her heart—as they embark on an adventure to confront a dangerous enemy from both of their pasts . . . and uncover the identity of the so-called Black Fox along the way?

Never Trust a Pirate is part of the Regency-set Playful Brides series by Valerie Bowman.


As usual I didn't read the blurb since I wanted to go blind. But now that I'm reading it, I'm sure I would have picked up this one if I had come across it on Goodreads!

My Review: 

Cade Cavendish is the never-do-good er brother of the famous Rafe Cavendish, Viscount Spy. All around him people think of him as a Rogue with nothing but a handsome face. But, what nobody knows about him is that he is man of many a secrets and a dangerous mission.

Danielle LaCrosse is the new lady's maid of Cade's sister-in-law Lady Daphne. She is in dire need of funds for a ailing mother and being the Viscountess' maid is just what she needs. What she doesn't account for is the handsome devil at residence whose charms are weakening her resolve and whose kindness sets her heart ablaze. For a woman with so many secrets surely this is a recipe for disaster?

When these two meet each other they are drawn towards one other like never before. Cade can't seem to understand what it is about this dainty maid that makes him want more than just a tumble in the bed. Danielle is unprepared for the longing Cade evokes in her. They skirt around each other until it's time for one of them to say good bye. 

What happens when these two meet again? What happens secrets uncover and a deadly mission awaits them? You will have to read this new installment by Valerie Bowman to find that out!

What I liked:
  • Cade Cavendih. I am immediately picking up Rafe's book to know more about Cade. He is the kind of person that i would admire. Not perfect, yet loyal to the boot. Loved him.
  • Danielle LaCrosse. I really don't want to spoil it to you people, but damn what a twist at the end. I was left gaping! Never did I could have guessed that one! I LOVED Danielle. I have this kind of a love-hate relationship with most of the female leads in novels, but I loved, aspired to be and absolutely adored Danielle. When she was first introduced, it was done so plainly that it was like introducing an lady's maid, not the protagonist. Then the author went on adding attributes to her that made her so amazing at the end. Loved how she was portrayed and how she came of to the reader. Danielle was the perfect blend.
  • General Mark Grimaldi. One more reason for me to read Playful Brides. I want to know more about this man and want his story too...!!
  • Delilah and Thomas. I can smell a story brewing there.
  • Everything Else. Period.
What I could have liked better:

  • Frankly, this book was very well written and I enjoyed reading this thoroughly. I don't want to make any changes or have any complaints. One tiny think I found flaw in was the sex scenes. It was a bit cheesy toward the end, but the carriage scene was Hot!

Final Verdict: 

All in all I loved this book! This was an enjoyable, suspense filled and nail biting Historical Romance!
I will give this book: 4.5 Stars.


 Keep Reading,
Chao!


No comments:

Post a Comment