Monday, 27 February 2017

Review of Dream Warrior by Sherrilyn Kenyon.

17th book in the Dark-Hunter series.
4th book in the Dream-Hunter series.

This book was about Cratus! That's right the Titan who helped to imprison Prometheus. I had to pick this book up!
After Stryker's book I really needed a reprieve. I mean, that was the first ever villainy love story I had read and I wanted a noble honor bound hero back!

From the prologue to the end letter the book kept me in a vise-like grip! I mean who doesn't want to read about Cratus? Come on people, Greek God here!
But it wasn't Cratus that kept me hooked, rather Jericho and Delphine. They were perfect together!
Now let's look at

The Blurb:


We are the Dolophoni. Diligent. Vigilant. Fierce and inescapable. Servants of the Furies, we are the right hand of justice and no one stands before us.

The son of Warcraft and Hate, Cratus spent eternity battling for the ancient gods who birthed him. He was death to any who crossed him. Until the day he laid down his arms and was banished into exile.

Now an ancient enemy has been unleashed and our dreams are his chosen battlefield. The only hope we have is the one god who swears he will never fight again.

As a Dream-Hunter, Delphine has spent eternity protecting mankind from the predators who prey on our unconscious state. But now that her allies have been turned, she knows in order to survive, the Dream-Hunters need a new leader. Someone who can train them to fight their new enemies. Cratus is her only hope. But she is a bitter reminder of why he chose to lay down his arms.

Time is running out and if she can’t win him to her cause, mankind will be slaughtered and the world we know will soon cease to exist.

You know a funny thing? I just read the blurb right now! See, once you start reading Dark-Hunters you don't need the blurb to recommend the book. I picked this one as soon as I finished One Silent Night. By immediately I mean as soon as it said 'The End'.
But now that I read the blurb, it sounds mysterious doesn't it? I'll let you decide.

My Review:


The prologue speaks about Cratus. While I do love Greek Mythology, I wasn't aware of who Cratus was. So, I did a google search and this is what I found. He (power) along with his siblings Zelus (emulation), Nike (victory), Bia (force) were basically Zeus's bodyguards. Cratus along with Bia act as guards while Prometheus was punished.
In this book Cratus is torn of his god powers and punished for eternity for defying Zeus's order. Well, he actually saved an innocent life that Zeus had ordered killed. So sue me if I don't find him guilty. His punishment was so much more worse than that of Prometheus! He is killed every night painfully and resurrected again in the morning! And when an ancient power comes knocking on his door promising retribution, he doesn't hesitate.

Speaking of Delphine, she is a Dream-Hunter. As the ancient gods Noir and Azura have been awakened they threaten the Greek Gods. So they need a god as powerful as Noir and Azura on their side to win. So Zeus( The Ass!) requests Delphine to convince Cratus (who goes by Jericho now) to fight the war in their corner.

What follows is dangerous journey ahead for these two filled with vengeance and and temptations. And a dangerous secret hovers above them which can make Jericho finally lose control!

What I liked:
  • Jericho. For a God of Power he sure was so sweet. He was betrayed so badly and time and again they left remainders for him to feel that again and again.
  • Delphine. I just liked her, period. No explanation necessary
  • Deimos. I loved his sense of humor.
  • The plot. It kept me gripped until the end. A lovely story.
What I could have liked better:
  • Ok I have been scratching my head for the past 5 minutes and I even reread a bit of the book, but I can safely say that I didn't like anything in the book.
  • Oh wait I did hate Zelus! What a Loser! Served him right.
  • Oh and also Noir and Azura. New pains in my human butt!

Final Verdict:


An awesome book again with Ms Kenyon magic. picking up the next one as soon as I finish this!

I give this book: 5 Stars!


Chao,
Keep Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment