Wednesday, 15 February 2017

Review of Dream Chaser by Sherrilyn Kenyon

13th book in the Dark-Hunter Series
3rd book in the Dream-Hunter Series
1st book in my love list of the week!

I simply Loved this book! No better way to describe it. Loved Loved Loved it. Sorry if I'm sounding like broken record, but I loved it!
You don't have to read the entire 12 books before this, to plunge into this one. This book can be read as a stand alone But, I do recommend you to read Devil May Cry (11th book in the Dark-Hunter series) before this one because that is where Xypher is introduced and a bit info is given about him.
It is not absolutely necessary, but do read that for better perception.



The Blurb: 



Dream Chaser 
by 



Look at the Cover and tell me you do not want a piece of that? The green eyes, the scornful look. Damn I want some. And trust me Xypher does not disappoint us..!

Here's what I thought



My Review:


We meet Xypher first in Devil May Cry. Frankly, the way they described him first I didn't think he would have any redeeming qualities. Boy, was I ever more happy that I was wrong!
Xypher is a Dream-Hunter. A ex-demigod who turned into a phobotory skotos. That literally means his job is to give people nightmares. A fun job right? And he is also walking dead i.e in assistance to Katra he got one month on earth to find humanity or be damned to hell, quite literally.
We first get to know that Xypher was killed by the Dream-Hunter police beacuse he gave such nightmares to people that drove them to insanity. I didn't think how he would be called good after that. But, we only know the half story here. The damned does turn out to be not so damned after all!


Then spotlight on the heroine folks. Simone Dubois. Pronounced as Sim-moan Dew-buaw. Man, I love surnames that spell different and pronounce different..!Simone is a Medical Examiner. Her job is to cut up the dead and find out their cause of death. Holy Cow on a Bender. These people have fun jobs don't they..! *sigh*But, wait for it, she has a ghost sidekick. That's right, a Ghost!!Simone is orphaned at 7 and has been facing the world around since. 


How they two meet is actually twisted. The people who are gunning down for Xypher need a weekness to kill him. And hence they use an Atlantean twin bracelet, one on Simone and one on Xypher to bind their life forces. Now, they kill Simone, Xypher is thrown back to hell. Problem solved *Dusting Hands*What ensures after that unfortunate (fortunate!!) incident and how to overcome a secret Simone's keeping without even her knowledge makes up rest of the story.


What I liked:
  • Xypher. Man, the guy was YuMM! He was strong, compassionate, vulnerable, and capable of loving to an extent that blew me away! The restaurant scene where he is dumb folded by Simone's kindness is so touching. He is my dream man personified.
  • Simone. She was compassionate beyond belief and the only person capable of thawing the frozen heart of Xypher.
  • Jesse. The boy was funny!
  • Jaden. An unexpected surprise. Want to know more about him.
  • Acheron. Our own Bad Boy is here too, helping the condemned. Oh Man, his book is next. Can't freaking wait!!
  • The Dimme. What a pleasant surprise there!! Nice twist! 
What I could have liked better:

  • Frankly, Once I love a book I accept all it's faults. Not that this book had many to begin with. I told you I was very easy to please. Give me a heart touching story and I'm appeased. Hence, I liked everything in this book and there was nothing I disliked!




Oh Man this one passed with flying Colors..!! I picked this one with only the intent of reaching Acheron's book, but I finished it solely for it's own unique fragrance.






No comments:

Post a Comment